WAR MEMORIAL (Monumento ai Caduti)
In 1923 the Monument to the Fallen of the war of 1915 – 1918 was placed in the square. The bronze sculpture that decorates it is the work of the sculptor Uno Gera from Ripatransone.

In 1923 the Monument to the Fallen of the war of 1915 – 1918 was placed in the square. The bronze sculpture that decorates it is the work of the sculptor Uno Gera from Ripatransone.
The sculptor Tito Sarrocchi created the statue in 1888 with extreme meticulousness and with the aim of creating the best conditions for the usability of the monument for the public. Having no references, in addition to an ancient and inaccurate portrait, Sarrocchi decided to resume the physiognomy of his friend Giuseppe Porri, a cultured Sienese bookseller-publisher who gave his city an interesting collection of books and antique prints.
The current denomination of source of the “Mascheroni” came into use only when the source was renovated in the nineteenth century thanks to the intervention of the architect G. Meluzzi, who oversaw the project with pilasters and cornices, placing grotesque masks around the torches water. The source is the scene of the small square that opens below the level of Via XV Maggio.
The appearance of the source of the Rugarella is due to the urban reorganization of some of the areas of the city which took place in the second half of the nineteenth century in Acquapendente. The source, which is located within the city, is known as the “source of Sugarelle or Rugarella” due to its location in the street of the same name. At the end of the nineteenth century, thanks to the intervention of the architect Guglielmo Meluzzi, the source was renovated, giving it its monumental appearance.
The former convent of San Francesco di Acquapendente has seen in recent years a series of restoration interventions that have made it possible to host the Pinacoteca section of the City Museum in the premises of the former sacristy and the offices of the Eco in one of the former convent wings. Point of the Monte Rufeno Nature Reserve.
There are few testimonies of the original medieval convent and its Renaissance path that remain to this day. The Augustinian convent of Acquapendente was founded towards the end of 1290 and with it the adjoining church of Sant’Agostino began to be built.